Michele Tamayo, Specialist in Leadership & Organizational Development
With 25+ years of consulting experience in both the public and private sectors, Michele focuses on strategic planning and meeting design and facilitation. She uses a collaborative approach with clients to create innovative strategies that result in practical solutions. Some of the results she has helped clients achieve include:
- Strategic business plans that provide clear roadmaps for success
- Effective teams that work well together & produce high-quality results
- Improved communication & relationships among board members & management teams
- Effective business meetings, designed & facilitated to produce focused plans & results
- Enhanced leadership & communication skills through targeted 1-to-1 coaching process
- Improved organizational systems that engage employees, increase efficiencies & enhance customer service
Michele has served on the faculties at San Diego State University, The University of California, San Diego, and Miramar College. Her educational background includes an M.A. in Organizational Communication and a B.A. in Speech Communication and Public Relations, both from San Diego State University. She has earned a certificate in Intercultural Relations from Stanford University and holds a lifetime Community College Teaching Credential for the State of California.
Michele is co-author of The Confident Leader, a book designed to help managers and supervisors effectively lead and develop others. It offers practical techniques for mastering fundamental leadership and relationship building skills.
She is the immediate past Board Chair for The San Diego Hunger Coalition and has served in various leadership roles in several non-profit organizations including: San Diego Community Research Group, Rancho Encinitas Academy League, The Grauer School, and Kids Korps USA.